ABOUT THE SHOW

ALL HANDS ON DECKS is the first custom skate deck group gallery show being presented at the American Greetings World Headquarters Creative Gallery in Cleveland, Ohio.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Just a Glimpse

I may be in over my head already, but here's a detail from my layout/color study image. Who knows how detailed I'll get in the actual final piece - I get the feeling I may be starting out with too much cheerful ambition!



As a novice, I must ask: Can anyone recommend an appropriate varnish? Is there a good one to use with acrylics vs. oil? Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. there's some liquitex gloss and matte varish medium. they both work well on all the pieces I've done which use a combo of acrylics, enamel, super glue, elmers, etc. I just have no experience with oils. sorry.

    you could also try a small pint can of poly clear finishes from minwax available from home depot, etc. they're waterbased urethane and can be build up to a nice high gloss if that's what you're going for.

    http://www.minwax.com/products/water_based_clear_protective_finishes/

    ReplyDelete

Followers