ABOUT THE SHOW

ALL HANDS ON DECKS is the first custom skate deck group gallery show being presented at the American Greetings World Headquarters Creative Gallery in Cleveland, Ohio.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Monsters! done.

Well it was interesting to say the least. After many many late nights and false starts, I finished my 3 pieces today with a final touch up of paint on the text and a couple of coats of gloss. They probably could have used another few coats but I ran out of time. I needed to get them in the mail today so as not to be paying some crazy 2 day or overnight fees to ship them. UPS ground from NY for $15 bucks not too bad... they'll be in Keith's hands at AGI on Thursday.

I enjoyed the process and learned a few things along the way. One of which is I need to be doing more 'hands on ' art as opposed to 'hand on mouse'. I think my favorite part of this was doing the splattering last night. Messy and fun. I have some extra prints and some canvas lying around so I think I will make some more pieces on this theme.

Anyway, here's what you've all been waiting for...the final picture of all 3 completed decks....


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers